Wednesday 16 November 2011

Travel Teabox

In spite of the fact that tea is gaining in popularity it's still very rare to find a restaurant with a descent selection of anything but generic tea bags that I could easily find at the grocery store. My husband,obviously sick of my sighs of disappointment after seeing lacklustre options when it came to an after dinner cuppa told me I should just start bringing my own tea to restaurants and just ordering pots of hot water instead.
Thus the travel tea box. I decorated an old jewellery box with layers of cut out and painted card-stock and ended up with a very serviceable container for several samples of my favorite loose-leaf teas.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice travel tea box! Maybe go to Michaels and see if they have plain boxes you can decorate. Nice for Christmas presents!
    88s
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far most of the boxes I've seen are too big to fit in a purse. Still keeping my eyes open though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one slightly smaller than that (smaller bracelet)...it was the red box right? I'll keep my eyes open!
    88s

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be fantastic. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete