Sunday 18 March 2012

St Patty's Aftermath


 My husband kilted up in his family tartan while I settled for wearing my most blatantly Celtic jewelry and a green cardigan. In retrospect I wish I’d brought my tartan shawl. My family on that side is Scottish rather than Irish but I could have used the extra warmth since the weather was cool and misty. We met up with friends played board games and spent an exorbitant amount of money of food and drinks over the course of six hours at a really good pub.
When we called it a night we decided to stop off at our local bakery on the way home to pick up a loaf of bread. The next morning, neither one of us where hung over, being sure to eat and drink water between rounds helps immensely, and I set about making French toast with blueberry/raspberry sauce for breakfast. Bakery bread has so much more going for it than the big brand stuff you find in a grocery store. Plus we have enough sauce left over for frozen yogurt topping.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you survived the night. You could use the altar cover I appliequed with the celtic knot as a shawl. That is county Atrim, so very irish. Then you'd match! *G* Yeah drinking lots of water helps stave off the dehydration that causes hangovers. The french toast and topping sounds yummy. You'll have to do that when we come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete