Wednesday 7 March 2012

SON OF A...

I am an idiot. I managed to overwrite all my notes for the elsewhere project with an older copy. A much, much older copy. Thankfully I recently printed out a hard copy but this means I have to re type  about 50+ pages of stuff.
I'm trying to keep a positive frame of mind on this. I really did need to go though and do a hard edit on this lot, and hell maybe my typing speed will go up a bit. Still, staring at this rather thick stack of paper in front of me makes me want to cry.

3 comments:

  1. Editing is best done from hard copy...you just don't see errors on the screen. Sorry it happened non the less. How are the art projects coming along?
    I made peanut butter - peanut butter chip cookies last Saturday...they are almost all gone...shouldn't make cookies that I can't stay out of.
    Pond is shoveled off ...again....time for a chai latte and a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another trick of the trade is to read what you've written into a recording device. Play it back with the hard copy in hand. You catch the "flow" of dialogue that way. Tip from Jack Whyte. The idea of waiting a day is so that your "ear" is fresh..not clogged with what you were writing before hand. Good luck
    88
    MiniMum

    ReplyDelete
  3. To quote Patricia Briggs...you could post "Stone of a Peach" and not offend anyone.
    Hope the rewrite is going well.
    88
    MiniMum

    ReplyDelete